CELT aims to make faculty members more accessible to students through student and faculty programming.
“The Teacher Who Changed My Life”
Every year, Tulane University bestows two faculty with one of our most prestigious awards – the Stephen and Suzanne Weiss Presidential Fellowship for Undergraduate Education.
As a member of the Tulane Community, you are uniquely positioned to tell us who should win these awards.
- Who has changed your life?
- Who has gone the extra mile for you?
- Who has supported and mentored you in a meaningful way?
Nominees should have achieved success in:
- Making distinctive contributions to teaching such as challenging and well organized presentations of the subject, adaptability to the learning needs of students, innovative approaches to course materials, creation of scholarly materials for student use, and availability to students outside of class.
- Influencing students beyond the formal role as a teaching such as advising or mentoring individual students, advising student organizations or groups, serving on teaching and curriculum committees, interacting informally with students.
- Helping students such as aiding in case of illness or other emergencies, advising students confronted with personal problems.
Undergraduate Research grants (academic year and summer) – These grants support projects and initiatives to promote faculty-mentored undergraduate research or creative scholarly engagement, consistent with Tulane’s mission of outstanding undergraduate education in a research university.
CELT supports Tulane’s mission and status as a research university by encouraging and supporting faculty-mentored undergraduate research. This award is open to all schools, disciplines, and majors. We strongly encourage applications from the arts and humanities.
Summer: Award for Faculty Mentored Undergraduate Research
Deadline: April 15, 2024
CELT hosts an annual Poster Day for recipients of CELT’s research awards to present their research.
Poster Session Workshop Spring 2024: TBA
Poster Session 2024: TBD
Since 2012 CELT has supported over 100 undergraduate faculty-mentored research projects within 30 different majors.